Friday, November 1, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 1 ~ If you found one million dollars in the morning and had to spend it by nightfall, what would you do with the money?

I had to seriously think about this for a few minutes. I could be glib and say I'd give it all away to charity, but in reality like many other people in this world, my family, ALL of them could seriously benefit from one of us having access to what can only be considered a *landfall*.

So, what would I do with one million dollars? It's a huge list, and one that many would consider selfish. I don't, I'm not spending it all on me, and I'm sharing it with people who are in need. They just happen to be related to me, family or really worthy friends who have had some of the same challenges I have faced.

First, the bills would be paid. I'm not just talking about the utilities, mortgage or rent, credit card (who in my circle actually HAS credit cards?) and car payments. I'm talking about the bills that have gone into collection and have decreased the credit rating. You know, those forgotten medical bills or defaulted student loans. Maybe a repossessed vehicle or even child support arrearages (thankfully Jimmy's is almost paid off! He only owes $384.00). After this is accomplished, everything else would come in random order...

I'd also set up college funds for my SEVEN granddaughters. I know Cheyenne is interested in paleontology and wants to study with Robert Bakker a famous paleontologist. This would mean she would need to have the ability to travel to where ever he is teaching currently. The remaining six haven't given me any indication what course of study they'd like to pursue, but I want them to be able to do anything they choose. I'd also set aside the cost of the master's program I want to enroll in after completing my Bachelor's degree at Ashford.

Somewhere in all this time frame, I'd buy a house ... in Maryland. We have been away from there since October 31, 2006 and I miss everything about being there. From family and friends to the lifestyle we enjoyed. My ultimate goal is to move back to Maryland where we have family and friends. This was supposed to happen this year (2013), but as with many things, life got in the way.

Thank the Gods for the internet, I'll be able to locate and purchase the building I want for the tea shop/metaphysical book/alternate health business I've been dreaming about for all these years. This is what I'm working towards with the classes I'm taking, the degree I'm pursuing and the dreams that keep me plugging along even when I want to quit.

A million dollars?? Hmmm, I'm thinking I won't be able to make it stretch as far as I'd like it to...

1 comment:

  1. I would like a car I can get in and out of without the current pain with my Neon, please. It doesn't even have to be fancy or expensive. Just higher up from the ground with trunk space. :D

    ReplyDelete