Thursday, November 7, 2013

My FIVE Favorite Songs...

Day seven of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge wants to know my Five favorite songs. A little over a year ago, I did a post similar to this for my Ten Things Thursday. So, I just resurrected some of the music I listed on there. In no particular order I give you:

1. Devil's Candy by Gary Alan: This song is about addiction and as some may know devil's candy is another name for cocaine. No, I don't use drugs of any kind. This song and album came out about the time Jimmy & I got together and ended up being sort of a *theme* song for us. One line goes "I've always had a sweet tooth for the devil's candy". From this line Jimmy told me I was his addiction... that he couldn't get enough of me. I guess it's pretty much spot on, we've been together for going on 12 years so I figure I'm still feeding his addiction, LOL!

2.  Melodramma by Andrea Bocelli: If you haven't heard this song, you really need to. This man's voice is so beautiful and powerful at the same time. This song and entire album (Ciele Di Toscana) is one of our favorites. It holds many memories of our first Christmas together and the trip we took to Sedona AZ where we stayed at the Poco Diablo resort. I can enthusiastically recommend any and all of the music by this incredible man.

3. Alive by Omnia: This song gets my blood pumping and makes me want to move. I haven't known about this group very long, but from the minute I first heard them I was hooked. This can be classified *Pagan* music and at one time I have a couple tracks in the music player I had here on the blog.

4. Rhiannon by Stevie Nicks: Stevie Nicks is probably my all time favorite female artist. I've seen her in concert multiple times and she gets continues to wow each time I see her. When we lived in Scottsdale, we actually lived on the same street she did and would occasionally see her in the grocery. She's as down to earth as you'd imagine and has such a huge heart. Rhiannon is about a Welsh Witch and even though Stevie tells everyone she's not a Witch or Pagan, there is just something about her that makes you think it might be possible.

5. Cathy's Clown by Reba McEntire: This is a remake of an old Everly Brother's song from back in 1960. I love the version by Reba and the video that goes with it has Bruce Boxleitner as the male star who the song is supposed to be about. Reba did the song and video in 1989 and was her 30th number 1 hit. I love Reba, and there isn't much of her music I don't like. This was a toss up between Cathy's Clown and She Thinks His Name was John...

No comments:

Post a Comment