Sunday, November 3, 2013

I'm Feeling Kinda Liberated and Wanting to Write...

Today I finished all the discussion questions and assignments for Special Populations over at Ashford University. Technically, I have until tomorrow (Monday) night at 11:59PM to complete and submit everything. I did not like this class at all, I was bored, my heart was not in it and I couldn't keep myself focused. So, today I pushed myself and hammered out the last of the requirements and now I'm finished AND I have a TWO WEEK break from classes. This gives me some time to rest, relax and catch up on a ton of things I've been neglecting.

If you look over there >>> on the right side column of the blog, up there in that top spot, you will see where I signed up to do NaBloPoMo for the month of November (yes, I KNOW I didn't complete it for October, so I'm trying again, sheesh) and I found this neat blogging challenge that I'm going to do too. I figure I've got 15 days to write out and schedule the posts for each challenge, but before I do that I need to catch up on days 1, 2 & 3 of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge.

So Day 1 of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge wants to know *Your Blogs Name*

The name of my blog is Aoibheal's Lair. I chose this name after reading Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series where one of the characters name is Aoibheal. In these books, Aoibheal is a Faerie Queen, who looks after the one of the main characters Adam Black. Aoibheal is also a Faerie Queen of the Unseelie Court and has a twin sister named Aine, a name I've used previously for various things.

Day 2 of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge wants to know *20 Facts About You*

1, 2, 3, & 4. I am married, I'm bisexual, I'm a witch, I believe in plural marriage/relationships.

5, 6, 7, 8 & 9. We have 3 grown children, 7 grand daughters, live in North Carolina, want to move back to Maryland, and I'm a full time student trying to earn a Bachelor's degree in Complementary and Alternate Health.

10, 11, 12, 13, &14. I love to read, I believe in Faeries and actually consider myself a FaerieWitch, I sew, have an etsy shop that is kinda defunct ATM cause I haven't sewn anything since February, and my favorite color is purple. The dark royal purple.

15, 16, & 17. I enjoy cooking, baking and I've recently tried my hand at canning.

18, 19, & 20. My favorite food is seafood (shellfish to be exact, crab, lobster, scallops), I enjoy a good glass of wine or mead and I'm over the moon about dark chocolate.

Day 3 of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge wants to know *Your Favorite Quote*

I have a couple of favorite quotes:

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." ~ Marilyn Monroe

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.” ~ Shel Silverstein

“Well behaved women rarely make history” ~ Laura Thatcher Ulrich

And there you have the first 3 days of the 30 Days Blogging Challenge. More tomorrow!! 

3 comments:

  1. Great to know you are off school for a bit, enjoy it! And write on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm did you steal this from me? Cause I stole it from my friend Kay at White Trash Fairytale =) I have made friends with the woman who created it too you should stop by her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am REALLY hating blogger!! I can't reply to comments and haven't been able to for a few weeks now.

    So, No Amanda, I didn't find this from you. It was actually on one of the blogs from NaBloPoMo last month, but I didn't find it until it was much too late to begin it then.

    So, you know the lady who created it?? Cool, send me the link so I can go check her out! And thank her for her creativity.

    ReplyDelete