Thursday, October 31, 2013

October, Where Did You Go?

It's funny to me how I can so easily lose track of all time and space except for when it concerns my family and studies. I've lost an entire  month and can't for the life of me figure out how it is the last day of October. October is the beginning of my favorite time of the year, the seasons are changing, temperatures turning a bit cooler and even though it also signifies the beginning of the earth readying itself for the long winter sleep, I personally feel more alive. Usually...

Today we are celebrating Samhain, that time of year when the veil between the worlds is at its thinnest and the spirit of those gone before us find it much easier to come back and communicate with the ones they've left behind. It's particularly poignant for me this year because my Mother has been gone a year on the 27th of the month. To say it's been challenging wouldn't even begin to cover the roller coaster my emotions have been on, just when I think I've got a handle on things, my mind shifts and I'm lost once again. And to make it worse, I haven't set up my ancestor altar.

I have been doing a bit of web walking at night when I'm supposed to be asleep. When I first began my travels a couple years ago, I wasn't sure what was going on or if the things I saw or felt actually happened. More recently, I've found I can recall most of the details and write them down in a journal when I wake. I'm also enjoying the guardians I'm meeting along my journey. In the beginning I was more than cautious and even a bit frightened by those spirits appearing to me, now I feel safe and even a tad more adventurous.

Tonight Tanya and I are going to take the Witchling out trick or treating. She's 2 now and can enjoy it more than last year where she was shy and often frightened by the bigger kids running past her in their rush to get the candy. That's not to say we won't have those same issues tonight, I just think she's going to have a lot more fun. We plan to take lots of pictures so I'll post some of them probably over the weekend.

This is the final week for Special Populations over at Ashford. I'll be finished with this class on Monday and beginning Tuesday will take a 2 week break from classes. That's one of the great things about taking classes online, if you need a break at any time for any reason, you just let your academic advisor know and she/he rearranges your schedule to accommodate it.

There is MUCH more on my mind, but if I get into it all now, this will be more confusing and rambling than it already is. I'll work on bringing some of those posts in draft mode out into the light in the next few weeks and maybe then my world will once again be right on the axis.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. October went much to fast for me too. Before we know it it will be summer again.

    ReplyDelete