Sunday, October 6, 2013

NaBloWriMo Day 6 ~ Sunday in Memphis...

I'm not really in Memphis, but there is a song by Big House called Sunday in Memphis that always seems to run through my head on days like I had today. It's an easy kinda song, with just the right amount of missing you. And yep, Jimmy has been gone for 7 days, it's time for him to come home for a few hours and I am missing him...

Today was a more productive day than yesterday, I was in the chillax mode most of the day, but did one load of laundry (I needed clean comfies, duh), and gave the furbabies their bath so they could get their flea medicine. Watched a couple of the shows I have on the DVR and then set it to record a couple new shows that I want to check out. I don't watch much adult TV while the Witchling is home, we spend a lot of time with PAW Patrol, Bubble Guppies, Dora and Team Umizoomi.

Jimmy is somewhere in western North Carolina on the way to Statesville, and then have no idea as of right now where he goes next. Will they let him come home for 34 hours or send him someplace else? I am SO appreciative that he continues to do a job he doesn't want to do, not because he doesn't like the job, but because it keeps him away from home so much. Unfortunately, there isn't anything else available locally that he could be home every night where he could make the money he is now, so we just keep plugging away, and calling as often as possible. It's tough... on ALL of us.

The Witchling comes home in the morning, this is Tanya's last week at Short Stop. After being robbed a week ago this past Thursday, she decided that job isn't worth her life. She has something lined up and even though it's on'y part time, it isn't in a convenience store where she's working til 11 at night all alone. Hopefully this will either go into full time or she finds something different sooner rather than later.

Welp, that's all I have for tonight. I'm off to a nice hot bath, my comfies and snuggle with my furbabies for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment