Thursday, October 10, 2013

NaBloWriMo Day 10 ~ What Does Writing Mean to You?

I began writing this blog as a way to help me through severe seasonal depression while we lived in Michigan. I had never experienced the days upon days of nothing but snow and cold and having to stay inside for extended periods of time.

Since then my writing has evolved and changed into many different venues. Sometimes I write just to put words on *paper*, others I write if something is on my mind and I have to rage at the cause. Then there are times when I write to give updates on what is going on in our world. Because we have family & friends all across the country who sometimes check in here, I try to keep them informed of our life and how we are doing.

Even though after October, I tend to fall off the wagon and not write every day, that doesn't mean I don't want to or I've forgotten about my blog. There are many days when I'm busy with the Witchling or doing household chores that something will pop into my head and send me running to the computer so I can put it down in draft. Sometimes I go back to that draft, look at what I wrote and think what the hell was I thinking, and promptly send it back to the draft folder. Where it may stay for weeks... or... until I figure out IF those thoughts really were important enough to post for public view.

Then there are also the times I have heard a new song and I quickly run to YouTube to see if I can find a video to share. Or maybe someone has shared a story or poem or picture, or even their thoughts and that sets me off into fingers flying mode.

What does writing mean to me?? It means I have a self contained therapy session and when the fingers finish flying over the keyboard, I can chose to share my discoveries about myself or not, depending on the outcome of that therapy session.

No comments:

Post a Comment