Friday, October 4, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 4

 Tell us about your favorite Halloween costume from childhood.

Hmmm, this was SO long ago I'm not sure I can remember. I'm having flashes of something that could be called Pippi Longstocking. I remember tattered overall's, a baggy plaid shirt (probably my Dad's) and orange yarn made into two braids that my Momma helped work a wire coat hanger through to make them stick out form the side of my head. I already had the freckles but she painted more on with an eyebrow pencil. 

There was a HUGE neighborhood close to where we lived at this time and I can definitely remember getting together with a few friends (of course a parent or two went along as well) and making sure we made it to every house that had it's porch light on. Back then, that's how you knew if trick or tr eater's were welcome, you always watched for the porch light. If it was on you were good to go. If it was off (even if there were lights on inside) you did NOT knock on that door. 

Yeah, I'm going with Pippi Longstocking... that one seems to standout the most. 


No comments:

Post a Comment