Tuesday, October 1, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day 1 ~ What is your Favorite thing about Autumn?

Soooo many things!! But here are just a few off the top of my head...

I cherish the changing of the leaves before they fall from the trees for winter. The colors are so vibrant and invigorating. I can be more than content just gazing at the color. I'm working on another trip to Jimmy's home state of Vermont where the foliage in beyond compare!

I love that the temperatures have finally begun to cool which makes sitting on our deck much more enjoying and relaxing.

Bonfires!! Fall is the perfect time for bonfires. And here in the new place we have a fire ring in the back yard that will be burning each weekend.

Being able to dig out the warm comfies for wearing first in the evenings and then during the day as the temperatures continue to fall.

Apple cider! I have a recipe that I've adapted from Starbucks and it is divine! Fresh unpasteurized cider, whole cinnamon sticks, a few whole cloves, a little brown sugar and cook all day in the crock pot. Add home made caramel sauce and whipped cream, sprinkle a little ground cinnamon on top and Viola!! Heaven! (I've also been known to add a little vodka or rum if the mood strikes).

Chili, beef stew, chicken pot pie, potato soup, cornbread... all home made from my Momma's recipes with a little of Vickie thrown in for originality.

The feeling of peace as the earth begins to ready itself for the coming winter and cold.

And last but by no means least ... SAMHAIN!! I absolutely love October 31st and the beginning of  a brand new year for those of us who follow a Pagan path. The veil has already begun to thin, I can feel spirits in everything I do and I welcome the messages the elders have to convey.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I just remembered. You have a new house and this is going to be your first autumn in it. Oh how nice that is! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete