Monday, August 12, 2013

Moon Day Melancholy

Webster's dictionary gives a few different meanings for melancholy; I think the third definition suits how most of my Moon Days (or Mondays as they are more commonly known) feel for me ...

melancholy - adjective - given to or marked by long, quiet thinking.  

Synonyms: broody, cogitative, meditative, musing, pensive, reflective, ruminant and thoughtful

Even though Mondays are probably one of the busier days of the week for me, I have found it is also one of the best and easiest days to be able to do some soul work on myself. Tanya works a mid-shift and is home somewhere after 5:00 so that means I have Ravyn from about 9:30am so Mommy can get ready for work, to around 6ish by the time she stops at the grocery to pick up odds and ends we may have missed over the weekend. I usually have an assignment as well as responses to 2 discussion questions for Ashford, and it's the day I prefer to do laundry and household chores if possible.

Somewhere in the midst of all this craziness, I find the time to mentally slip away to my quiet place and go within. I had been using the time after the house is quiet for the day, after everyone is asleep, to just sit in the peacefulness of the house and look back on the previous week to see where any adjustments may need to be made. However, since I began the current Chopra Center Meditation Challenge last week, the mornings before everyone gets up for the day seem to work much better. This week, my Moon Day began as planned with day 8 of the Meditation Challenge. (let me add right here, this challenge seems to be more personally fulfilling than the previous 3 I've completed)  After the recent craziness in my world, this challenge came at the perfect time to nudge me back on the path I wandered from.

I've already blogged about how I *lost* me and the conscious effort I've made to not only get back on track but to stay there, so I won't reiterate it here. Just know I *have* begun the process and I am doing much better without all the excess drama in my life and the constant behind the scenes bickering. I've subscribed to a few new blogs about working with your higher self, have found those persons who do not resonate with your higher self are easy to remove from your life and my inner peace and spiritualism is once again in harmony. I've also begun to once again listen, I mean really LISTEN to my Spirit Sister and mentor and to make informed choices rather than knee jerk reactions.

The best part of getting *me* back to where I'm supposed to be is the reconnecting with my family, and friends who I pushed aside while I was riding the crazy train. These people never left my life even though I felt I had no room for them and I am so thankful they welcomed me back with open arms and gentle admonitions. I have been able to get back into the books I felt were my *bibles* when it came to my Craft, and I've found new things in a couple of them I somehow missed the first 3 or 4 times I read them. All in all, my life is pretty good at the moment ...

OH! Those nightly candle lit lavender bubble baths?? I haven't given them up. They are my time to relax and reflect at the end of a busy, hectic, crazy day in the life of me ...

1 comment:

  1. The best people in our lives are the ones who are always there... You know, those friends to whom you don't speak for ages, but when you see them they know all is well--the ones who stay there no matter what because they understand live changes, and sometimes we need a break, before we can get to where our soul needs us to be again.

    ReplyDelete