Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hey Vickie!! Where Have You Been??

Let me tell you, it has been CRAZY busy here in the Sand Hills of North Carolina. I am so blessed to be able to not work outside of the home at a job that everyone knows I wouldn't be happy at. I thank Goddess each and every day for Jimmy and his willingness to drive that truck of his over many of the same highways he traveled just a few days prior. I absolutely LOVE taking care of Ravyn! Even though she is a typical 2 year old and tries my patience on a very regular basis, I wouldn't trade this time for anything. Having her and her Mom living here with us makes me smile so much, I have permanent smile lines now, LOL!

I just finished what has proven to be my most favorite class thus far (U.S. Constitution) and I am excited to let you all know I've added another course of study to my current program. I'm still majoring in Complementary and Alternate Health with one minor in Entrepreneurship and I've added a minor in Political Science and Government. As I sat here at my computer screen and watched the manner in which the legislators of various states crammed their idea of how a woman is supposed to take care of her body according to the government down everyone's throats, I became so enraged I just knew I had to do something to be able to add my voice to the ones who are STILL after all these years fighting for equality for women. Or whatever other cause I find myself passionate about.

As you all can plainly see, I haven't written much here in the past 2 weeks. I was keeping a pretty low profile during the most recent Mercury Retrograde. Even though I have learned how to ground myself which prevents me from doing the raving lunatic thing, this last one was a challenge. And after talking to many of my friends, I found out it was difficult for them as well. 2013 is turning out to be much more challenging than many anticipated... and I am SO happy we are just a bit over half way finished with this year that seems never ending. Come on 2014!

So many projects have come up... I still have Aoibheal's Attic and I really NEED to get back to sewing. On our recent trip to MD to see Mylia and Cheyenne, Mylia's partner in crime Nic brought me some of the most beautiful remnants I have ever seen. She at one time made garb for Ren Faire and she brought me a HUGE box of shiny, rich, plush fabric pieces she had stored away. I am itching to get into them and whip up some more Tarot envelopes and altar cloths. I've even found a few pieces that will make beautiful spread cloths too.

This past week, Jimmy & I were able to purchase the camera we  have been dreaming of for a long time. As a result of that purchase I will be launching *Enchanted Moon Creations* in the coming weeks. I applied for a copyright for the photography and the Tarot envelopes, and I have a couple more items I may add at a later date. So pretty soon, my hobby is going to officially be my career. I'll be working for myself and as I get closer to graduation, I've already got a couple things in the works for getting the holistic practice off the ground.

OH! I almost forgot... I am now the very proud owner of a Kindle Fire HD 8.9. The main reason is I can download my digital materials at Ashford and can get textbooks from Amazon so much less expensive than buying them directly from the bookstore. Of course I'll still be doing the normal Kindle things too and I gotta say that Kindle cloud holds a LOT!! I'll be taking this baby with me everywhere I go. I just hope it fits OK into the new purse I bought last night, LOL!!

Saturday I'm off to Raleigh to visit with one of my Sisters there. We are going to lunch and I think a couple more Sisters will be joining us. I'm super excited for this trip, I haven't seen them in over 2 years!!!! Before I return home to Hope Mills, I'm adopting a very large cauldron and have already chosen the perfect spot for it to make it's new home. Pictures coming sometime next week... after I figure out the new camera, YIKES!!

Next week, I've got a beach date with my darlin Amanda. She's between classes (did I tell you she's in graduate school?) and will be coming down on Tuesday, spending the night and then on Wednesday we are going to indulge in some very much needed and well deserved beach time. The only bump in these plans is figuring out which beach to go to... I'm thinking Myrtle Beach, but we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Yea...my Kindle Fire is far too full of books! (I hit up freebie, copyright free 'classics' as well...wizard of oz, edgar allen poe, etc.)

    ReplyDelete