Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Biting My Tongue...

Yes, I admit I have been overly careful with the things I've been writing. I didn't want to upset anyone, I wanted my blog to be all sunshine and lollipops. No one has made any comments to me about how I write, the inner *me* just felt I needed to change things up. This plan lead me to not be able to write as much as I wanted. And the muses are not pleased...

Unfortunately, that isn't who I am or how I write. I write for me. This is my place to express the things I'm feeling whether they be good or bad. If you have a problem with something I write about, the only option I'm giving you is to remove yourself from following my blog. I'm not going to be changing for anyone ever again.

There will be entries that are full of laughter and light and others that are from the darkest pits of depression. On some days I may write about how some close minded person pissed me off with their holier than thou attitude. On other's I may give you words of wisdom as only my off kilter mind can produce.

Bottom line here... this is MY place. If you don't like the things I have to say I'll share some very sage words of advice from my Momma & Daddy "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya"!

Buh bye...

12 comments:

  1. Good for you :) I think a lot of us are going through this same type of thing - maybe there is a planetary alignment. I had stopped writing on my blog for months because I was just so -eh done- with having to worry about who read what. I am easing back into writing again and still sometimes find myself censoring myself. It's weird but I will get over it I think ;)

    What what you want, that's all that matters! As long as you're you (happy or depressed or somewhere in the middle), I will read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been a planetary alignment and many people are now living in a higher energy frequency. I know I have removed things that just didn't mesh in my life any longer and I've also noticed I don't get upset when I lose a friend on FB.

      Writing is who I am and if I can't write what's on my heart I get irritable and moody. I have to watch myself, I get in these moods where I want to please everyone, and I'm the one that suffers.

      So, I say...WRITE!! I'll read what you have to say!

      Delete
  2. I hear ya! I've been finding myself doing the same thing. I don't like it, and I think I've about given up on it. I miss writing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you mean you have about given up on trying to please everyone else, NOT the writing. I love what you have to say and miss seeing your posts... come back Kourtney! You have been missed!!!

      Delete
    2. Yes please write. I have read some of your post and are like when we getting more. ;)

      Delete
    3. Thank you Ladies! And yes, I totally mean I'm going to stop trying to please, or tip toe around others, when I write! Writing has become such a part of me that I don't think I could give it up at this point!

      Delete
  3. You go girl. Its your blog you don't have to please no one but your self. Write what you want and about whatever your in the mood. I know that I write for my self on my blog. I don't do it to please people. You do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vickie, yes this is your blog, write about whatever you want to! I was just wondering, is Aoibheal pronounced like "evil"? If so, nice one. :) I remember Aoife is pronounced like "eva" and Siobhan is pronounced like "shavon" so.... yeh that's my attempt at Gaelic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey OathBound! No, Aoibheal is actually pronounced Ah-veel with the emphasis on veel. I found the name MANY years ago in a book by one of my favorite authors, Karin Marie Moning. It was her Highlander series... in the series, Aoibheal is the Queen of the Fae and after doing some research I found there is really a faerie Queen called Aoibheal, she's the queen of the Unseelie or Dark court.

      Thanks for asking and I hope I gave you a little clarification.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for clearing up that pronunciation issue, I have been meaning to ask and keep forgetting lol.

    I totally get what you are saying in this post. I have done the same thing and it sucks. It made me not want to write either.

    So I say good, I love your dark posts just as much as the light posts. It was the dark posts that originally made me notice how alike we are ;)

    Love you tons <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. FINALLY! You were really starting to worry me there for awhile, darlin. Glad to see I get my Vickster back!! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete