Monday, October 8, 2012

NaBloWriMo ~ Day 8 ~ My Keurig Coffee Maker

Hello, my name is Vickie and I'm a coffee addict! Seriously! I can drink coffee all day long and not get enough of that deliciously dark brew.

For the morning, I brew coffee and we use Starbuck's Verona blend. I usually set up the coffee maker the night before and then just hit the brew button on my way through the kitchen to take the fur babies out when I get up in the morning. If Jimmy is home, it's a full pot, 12 cups. If he's on the road, I cut it back to 6 cups. 

Jimmy takes a little half & half in his, and I use flavored creamer. My mood usually determines which flavor. Lately I've been using a generic cinnamon vanilla and have thoroughly enjoyed my mornings. Now that Autumn/Fall is finally here most of the grocery stores are carrying seasonal flavors, and you gotta know, I"m hooked on the Pumpkin Spice from International Delight. Pumpkin, pumpkin, PUMPKIN!!

After the morning pot is empty and I decide I want more, I turn to my new best friend and favorite gadget in my kitchen... my Keurig! Yes, I am a flavored coffee fanatic... I have Butter Toffee from Gloria Jean, I have Pumpkin Spice from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, I have a Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Tanya bought for me...but my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE is Kahlua. I buy at least 2 boxes each time I buy coffee, just cause you can never have enough Kahlua coffee in da house, LOL!

Jimmy specifically bought the Kuerig for me and my flavored coffees so I wound't *contaminate* his regular coffee maker. He does NOT like flavored coffee...at all, oh well, just leaves more for me... So, here's to all my fellow coffee addicts lovers out there, I not only endorse the Keurig coffee maker but I highly recommend each and every house have one. Cause, you know, you can never have too much coffee...

5 comments:

  1. Hello Vicki...I am also an addict to coffee..I am so jealous. I want a Keurig but have to wait for one. :) I think coffe is great and don't understand why some don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lucky, Jack loves flavored coffee as much as I do lol. I am not a big fan of hot coffee in the warmer months, I drink mine iced, or Jack will make me fraps, but when the temps start dropping I love my hot coffee! I want a Keurig as well but it is way out of my price range lol. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn, when Mylia drinks coffee when she's not supposed to because she is addicted to Pumpkin Spice!

    Luckily, 7-11 makes a great Pumpkin Spice coffee that is 1/3 of the price of Starbucks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we need to form a club ..I also have a regular pot in the house , just for hubbys coffee , and a Keurig for my coffee LOL. Hubby cannot drink flavored coffee or have regular coffee with his stomache issues , so he has half caff in his pot , and I drink something different . this week its hazelnut coffee, next week who knows LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd rather just drink Kahlua and leave the coffee to you!

    ReplyDelete