Tuesday, October 2, 2012

NaBloWriMo ~ Day 2 ~ What song makes you cringe when it comes on the radio (or iPad or Pandora or...) and why?

Anything by Taylor Swift. IMO, she cannot sing or write, everything she releases sounds EXACTLY like the one before and the one before that and the one before that...

Yes, I know she wins awards, and she will continue to do so as long as every little teenage girl thinks she's the best thing since peanut butter. As long as those little girls have Mommies who are willing to spend the money on CD's and even concert tickets, Taylor Swift will continue to crank out untalented hit after hit after hit.

She is just annoying and NO, Gawd forbid, I am NOT jealous of her (lack of)talent, her looks or her money. Bottom line, I don't like her and didn't from the first time I heard her.

So, Taylor Swift is the my vote for music that makes me cringe and change the channel and turn the radio/TV off or even throw the damn thing out the window (thankfully it hasn't come to that ...YET!!).

7 comments:

  1. LOL!! Confession time...I like a couple of her songs... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is part of our gift of free will... ;)

      Delete
  2. Ugh I am with you. Every single one of her songs sounds just like the last one. Blarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep... and her latest song really has no place on the Country stations... it's WAY too POP!

      Delete
  3. *facepalms*

    But... there are three songs I like of hers? (Though one is a duet?)

    I like "Back To December" -- but that could be because it inspired a story.

    And the two songs from the Hunger Games soundtrack -- Eyes Open and Safe and Sound.

    There is one song by her that I HATE because she mixes up two completely different literature works, but that could be the English Major in me. Romeo and Juliet and The Scarlet Letter are NOT the same damn thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect everyone to agree with me... she just irritates the crap outta me. To me her music sounds exactly the same as the previous song. And you are ABSOLUTELY right, Romeo and Juliet and the Scarlet Letter are NOT the same, no matter how you spin it, LOL!!

      Delete
  4. The first time I heard the line "You were Romeo I was the Scarlet Letter" I was sputtering because I couldn't come up with curses fast enough.

    ReplyDelete