Thursday, October 18, 2012

NaBloWriMo ~ Day 18 ~ Thoughts on a Thursday

After not feeling up to snuff for the past few days and then yesterday having one of the worst migraines I've had in over a year, today I feel remarkably well. I slept for almost 19 of the past 24 hours and woke up this morning  pain free, vision clear and looking forward to taking on this semi cloudy Thursday. I have the house to myself today and should give it a thorough cleaning...I'm not too sure about that. I DO get more done when I'm alone, but so far I've not been motivated to do much of anything. I'm feeling pretty mellow and relaxed, don't want to lose that *lax*...

Jimmy is on the road this week, he has two deliveries around the Dallas area. After he drops those we have no idea as yet where he will be going next. He was home this week to be able to see the presidential debate on Tuesday. This is the first debate he's been able to see, and he was pretty animated throughout the whole thing. Like many of us, he is astounded at the number of times Romney has changed his position on an issue, then out right lied about others. I think one of the biggest jokes out of this debate was the *Binder full of Women*. If you don't know what that is, Google it...

My current course at Ashford is an English credit but it's called "Into to Film". I HATE THIS CLASS!! I don't watch a lot of movies and the ones I do watch are considered classics. We don't go to the theater to see new releases and I won't order them on PPV. Needless to say, I know NOTHING about cinematography, or lighting or something called *Mise en scene* and my grades are reflecting my lack of knowledge. I turned in an assignment on Monday and got the feedback and grade on it yesterday. It wasn't good. The TA said I didn't format my paper correctly according to APA guidelines. IT WAS EXACTLY THE SAME FORMAT I'VE USED FROM THE FIRST PAPER I SUBMITTED. Until this class I've gotten very good grades and have NEVER been marked off for the format of my paper. I was marked off for having an *extra* space between paragraphs. How in the hell do you add an extra space when you've got your parameters set to double space? I'm hoping for a passing grade in this class so I won't need to retake it before I can progress to the next scheduled class.

My Google reader has gone crazy again...some of the blogs I've removed for one reason or another have begun showing up again. I gotta tell you I am so over reading about the flip flop (maybe they are related to Romney, LOL) in a family relationship. Dammit! Be an adult, take a stand and stop whining about how screwed up your life is. And please for the love of the Goddess, quit yer bitchin about things you know you won't change. If you don't like something, REMOVE it, don't constantly complain about it. Yes, these are some of the blogs I removed that have now reappeared in MY Google reader. I removed them because I was so over reading the same exact thing day after day after day after day... there's a glitch in the system somewhere and I hope it gets fixed soon *yeah, I KNOW, be realistic Vickie*.

Samhain's Sirens  is on day 18 of their month long blog and giveaway party. There are some amazingly talented people working on this project and if you haven't been over there to see what all the excitement is all about, you are really missing out. On Monday they posted the pictures and descriptions of the items in the Grand Prize Giveaway Extravaganza, so please go check them out. You will be more than glad you did.

Well, there you have my ramblings for yet another day. I'm off to see what mischief I can get into. My wish for you is a happy, peaceful yet productive Thursday. Be safe and I love ya ALL!

8 comments:

  1. Vickie, if you need help on anything with your class, let me know! I took a few film classes in college. Love ya! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! But I honestly wouldn't know what help to ask for. I fully do NOT understand this class. It *seems* to be filled with innuendos instead of direction...*sigh

      Delete
    2. Hmm, I hate when that happens. A couple of my assignment for the class I'm taking now have been like that.

      Delete
  2. Did they give you a list of films to watch for the class?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, damn. I was thinking if they had then I could help in some way.

      Delete
  3. Also, you have to read these reviews. They're hilarious. :D

    http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Durable-Binder-EZ-Turn-17032/product-reviews/B001B0CTMU/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID read them!! LOL! They are posted on my Timeline...HILARIOUS!!

      Delete