Monday, October 15, 2012

NaBloWriMo ~ Day 15 ~ It's Monday...

WOW! What a change from the way I felt last week at this same time... I slept 11 hours last night, and I mean slept hard. I didn't hear anything until right before the alarm went off at 7:00 AM. All in all today has been a busy, frantic, productive and all around great day.

First off we went and had the windshield repaired, when we got the truck, it had 2 *stars* in the windshield and I was worried they would eventually crack if not fixed. We just couldn't seem to coordinate our time schedules with the glass repair person at the dealership, so it's taken a month to get it fixed. It took a bit longer than I was hoping for him to actually get it finished, but since he was about 30 or 45 minutes later than he was supposed to be, it was to be expected.

From there we stopped at Panera Bread and had a bagel for breakfast. They have a new Pumpkin Pie bagel with NY Style Cheesecake cream cheese... OMGoddess! Talk about YUMMY! The only draw back to fully enjoying our breakfast was the woman sitting behind us. Evidently she had a cold and instead of going to the rest room to blow her nose, she felt it was proper to snuff all that crap back up inside her head... can we say GROSS? YUK!!! And then when we get ready to leave we found out SHE WORKS THERE! Ack! I thought Jimmy was gonna through his bagel at her...

Before we came on home, we stopped and I got vitamins, Complex B to be exact. I took the daily dose and already feel so much better... I'm hoping this will help me regain some of the energy I've lost somewhere along the way. And I'm thinking about driving over to the mall 3 or 4 times a week and do the *mall walking* thing. I've explained before I don't live in a safe neighborhood, and my yard is a hazard with roots, tree stumps, rocks and uneven places. I was going to go up to the park and walk on their paved path, but Jimmy is worried if I fell or got injured, I'd be without help for too long. SO that idea was nixed...

I didn't have Ravyn today, I had too much homework to do. I waited until the very last day to write a 5 page paper, so I had to scramble to get it finished. This class is considered an English class, it's Introduction to Film, and I'm seriously having a difficult time with it. I don't go to the movies and I don't watch that many here at home either. So the assignments have been more than a challenge for me. Today is day 7 of week 2, 3 more weeks to go...*sigh.

Jimmy's home today... and he's frustrated about not being on the road. If he's not driving, he's not making any money. Sometimes I think being paid by the mile is more of a challenge than it's worth. But it IS a good job with a GOOD company. He worked yesterday with a few drivers who had been with the company 7 and 10 years, they told him they have NEVER seen things this slow and everyone is hoping freight picks up soon. I do too... we have things we want to accomplish and it's more than difficult with limited or no income.

Well, that's my Monday. Hope yours was a good one too.

1 comment:

  1. *snicker* My mom's mom does that snorting thing all.the.time. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete