1. I was born in Indiana but moved to Arizona when I was 6. I was a very sick child and my pediatrician told my parents I needed to live in a warmer and dryer climate. My father had been to Arizona as a young man while rodeoing and convinced my Mom this was the place to be. So we moved to AZ in 1962.
2. I grew up in and around Tucson AZ, I have a cowboy/country heritage and the old saying of *You can take the girl outta the country, but you can't take the country outta the girl* is absolutely true. I still ove country music, and good old down home country cooking.
3. Yes, we DID have horses, I do know how to ride, and I did rodeo in my younger days. I won a few buckles for Barrel Racing and was a *hazer* for my exhusband who was a Steer Wrestler. NO, I do not ever want to have horses again. They take too much time and energy and I'm too old for all that. LOL!
4. In 2002 I left AZ and moved to Maryland where my eldest daughter lives. I loved MD, and miss it on a daily basis. If I could I'd move back in a heart beat...
5. Currently, you can find me living in North Carolina and while it is pretty country, the economy is horrible. We have struggled every hour of every day since we moved here in 2008. However, that light at the end of the tunnel is becoming more than just a faint glow.
6. I am a Witch. I've always known I was different than the majority of my family, but it's very difficult to ask questions and hope to get actual answers when they aren't open to diversity. I grew up in a Chritian home where going to church 3 or 4 times a week was normal. My great grandmother and great aunt lived on a HUGE farm in Indiana and I can remember visiting as a youngling how I wondered how 2 elderly ladies could do all the things they did all alone. It was just the two of them, no one else and no men around, I never knew either my great grand father or great uncle. They both had passed into the Summerland before I was born. Some of the memories I have of them make me think they were wise women too...
7. Most of you know I'm married to a Christian and many people ask how can you both believe such diverse things and still make your relationship work. Any relationship takes work. Ours works for us, because both of us are very open minded and research things before we make a decision. Yes, most Christian beliefs will tell you it won't work, however Jimmy isn't a *normal* Christian. He is one of the MOST open minded and accepting people I have ever known. He doesn't follow along blindly with the dogma or opinions of others. He reads, researches and then makes his decision. Most times we agree, others not so much. That's what makes our relationship work so well, we allow and encourage each other's free will.
8. This month is a very busy month for me...not only am I doing NaBloWriMo, I'm also involved in Samhain's Sirens where you can find all sorts of excitement going on. It's a month long Samhain party, filled with blogs, rituals, recipes, give away's and music. If you haven't checked them out, you are really going to miss out and wish you had.
9. I have some of the BEST friends, both online and face to face. They call me on my shit and let me know when I've gotten out of hand, and give me encouragement and praise when warranted. I love each and everyone of them and I can honestly say I am a better person for knowing them. Without them, my life would be more than boring and lifeless.
10. And finally, I'm sharing my one thing I can't get through... I absolutle HATE snakes...of any kind. I can't even watch them on TV without having a melt down. Yes, living in AZ was quite the challenge, they were everywhere and very common on our property. (We even had a visitor to the house get bit by a rattle snake when he stepped off our steps to go home for the evening, THAT was an experience I don't ever want to repeat!). I know as a Witch, I should revere all living beings, but snakes don't make that cut...sorry. And yes, they are the familiars to a couple of the Dieties I work with, I just can't work with the actual snake or serpent...
So there you have a little about me you may or may not have ever known and probably still wish you didn't, LOL!! I'll be back tomorrow and I am REALLY going to make an effort to keep up with this. Have a great Monday and HAPPY OCTOBER!!