Friday, September 28, 2012

I Was Wrong and I Can Admit It...

Ummm, you know that post I made a few weeks ago about the Blog Hops and Never Ending Memes? Well, this is me biting my tongue, and taking back some of the things I said. I was wrong.

What?? Vickie admitting she's wrong? Hold da phone and find the crash cart, someone's gonna have a heart attack. Breaking News! Vickie admits she's wrong...

Yes, I was wrong. And here's why. I subscribe to MANY different blogs and more than a handful are blogs to help us bloggers write... and attract readers. On more than one of the helpful blogs I've found many people suggest using a daily theme for their posts. I already use Monday Munchies and Ten Things Thursday and was afraid if I wrote more along the daily *theme* type posts I'd bore you to death, thus causing you to stop following Aoibheal's Lair.

But according to those nice helpful bloggers who have over a bunch of followers and dedicate their blog to giving out blogging advice, this is the thing I need to do. So, I'm going to give it a shot ... try it out for 31 days and see if I can actually follow through with my plans to write every day and to see if you my Darlin's like what I have to say or not so much. I AM counting on you for feedback... don't let me down!

I've also been encouraged to join NaBloWriMo. This is a month long event for the month of October where each participant writes a blog entry and posts it every day for the entire month. That's 31 posts! On top of that I have Samhain's Sirens for the month of October too!

Sheesh... I'm gonna be BUSY next month! I have one thing to say... Bring It ON!

8 comments:

  1. I was just checking out NaBloWriMo too and thought to myself that if I were ever gonna get through it I'd have to at least a few daily themed posts. Especially for Sundays since I try not to even turn the computer on those days... But... I think it'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come join us Kourtney! You can schedule your post for Sunday and then still be able to not have the computer on.

      Delete
  2. Holy moly, girl, you love a challenge! By the way, I like your blog's new, lighter makeover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do LOVE a challenge! LOL!! We'll see if I'm able to stick to it. And thanks for the compliment, but I'll probably go back to the dusty blues after the holidays are over...

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you decided to join NaBloWriMo with me!

    I have felt as you do, afraid people would get bored with the hops and meme stuff, but it seems to attract a lot of people, and in my opinion, brings us bloggers together in a community of sorts.

    You are going to be Wonderwoman next Month! You rock!

    Love you bunches <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very intrepid souls, I'll have to watch from the sidelines ...!!

    ReplyDelete