Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunshine Award

Every so often I have one of those moments where I think the things I have to say don't mean anything to anyone other than myself. Then out of the blue I receive not one but two awards in the same week. This post is about the Sunshine Award and I'm more than honored to receive this award from my Darlin friend Salem Witch Child over at Salem's Creations. I love this lady and her blog is one of my favorites. I'm always eager to see what she has been up to. If you don't follow her yet, please stop over and check her out.
The rules for the Sunshine Award go something like this:
1. If you are nominated, you must blog a post linking back to the person/blog that nominated you.
2. You must answer some questions, nominate ten fellow bloggers and link their blogs to the post!
3. You should comment on your nominees’ blogs to let them know you’ve nominated them.

Here are the questions with my answers immediately following each one:

1. Who is your favorite philosopher?  
Hmmm, my favorite philosopher would probably have to be Voltaire. He was an advocate for civil   liberties including freedom of religion.

2. What is your favorite number?
This one is easy, my favorite number is 13. While many people look at this as a bad or superstitious number, it has always been a good or lucky number for me.

3. What is your favorite animal?
I have a few, my main totem is a badger, I have 2 poodles and and don't consider myself a cat person. Except I LOVE the big cats and the White Tiger in particular.

4. What are your Facebook and Twitter URLs?
Since this blog is linked to both Facebook and Twitter I don't mind sharing them. 

5. What is your favorite time of day?
Usually in the early morning or around dawn and then again in the evening or at twilight as it is also known. I LOVE the *tween* times which are the absolute optimal times for working with Faerie.

6. What was your favorite vacation?
Hmm, I don't have a favorite vacation, I like to travel and see different places. If you asked me where my favorite place is I'd answer the beach, LOL!!

7. What is your favorite physical activity?
This one is a toss up... I used to love to dance. This was back before line dancing became all the rage. I could spend all night on the dance floor. I don't line dance, don't like it at all. So my favorite physical activity would be gardening. I love spending time outside and piddling with the plants we've been working with. Granted, I'm not too good at it and if it's hot, forget about me going outside at all. Jimmy helps a LOT and reminds me when I've neglected things.

8. Favorite non-alcoholic drink?
TEA!! All kinds, iced, hot, flavored, green, Oolong... I was the assistant manager at Teavana in Troy Michigan and we were required to go to Tea University to learn all the benefits of tea. I drink tea all the time and have been called a *tea snob* because I won't buy or use tea bags.It's gotta be whole loose leaf tea for me. And I'm also very aware of how I brew the tea I drink.

9. What is your favorite flower?
My all time favorite is the Sterling Silver Rose. It has a lavender color and smells divine. When Jimmy & I first got together he bought a plant for me for our balcony in AZ. And then he buys them by the dozen for Valentine's Day or our anniversary. On our 5th Valentines Day together he bought 5 dozen Sterling Silver Roses. Our condo smelled so good, I didn't want to leave and go to work the next few days, LOL!

10. What is your passion? 
Again, this is one that could have many answers. SO I'm just going to say at the moment besides my family it has to be my education and the realization that I'm on my way to fulfilling my goal of having a Wellness Center.

There are many blogs I follow and enjoy reading, however not all of them play along with the meme's. So I'll give you a few, but there won't be 10 and I apologize for that. Some of the blogs I'd nominate have already received this award so that also limits my nominations. Having said all this, 

Here are the Blogs I nominate for The Sunshine Award:

Bella over at Tales of the Wolf Queen

Magaly over at Pagan Culture

Velody over at Treegold & Beegold

Sisterlisa over at Soul Liberty Faith


Shauna over at Musings of a Magical Mom

My Life Between Naps

Melissa over at Welcome to the Rose Garden

Stevie over at The Cauldron: A Witches Journey

Stop by and check out these amazingly awesome sauce women I have the honor to call friend and sister!

12 comments:

  1. aww thank you. I will have to schedule a day to participate. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh thank you so much! This one looks fun! I need to catch up on my award thank you's as well, I have gotten a couple and need to post about it! My favorite number is 13 as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one IS fun! looking forward to reading your entry!

      Delete
  3. Congrats, and thanks a bunch. Ah, a Faerie Witch who likes the number 13, I knew liked you so much for a reason ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! We have some things in common! WOOT! :0

      Delete
    2. I've posted about the honor: http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2012/09/ladies-of-light-ladies-of-darkness-and.html

      Delete
  4. And ANOTHER well-deserved award! "Tea University" -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea University is awesome! You learn SO much about tea and the anti oxidants. Did you know that white tea, which is the least processed also has the highest anti oxidants and has been shown to inhibit the cells that produce cancer? COOL HUH?

      Delete
  5. Aww thank you Mother Witch. My very first nomination. Its great. I will have to set down Monday or Tuesday and do this. Thanks again. By they way I also love sterling silver roses. My favorite. Love the lavender color. :)

    Stevie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You Vickie <3. When I have some time later today i will get this , or try to get it accomplished

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 'tween times are very magical aren't they. :) Much love to you darlin.

    ReplyDelete