Saturday, August 4, 2012

One Lovely Blog Award

A couple weeks ago, my very good friend Kourtney over at The Multi-Faceted Experience bestowed on me an award for having a lovely blog. To say I'm honored is an understatement. I don't feel my blog is anything special, I write about life events, spirituality, education process and family & friends. And each time I receive an award it still just amazes me that anyone could think my little old blog is worthy. Thank you Kourtney for thinking of me, and for enjoying your experience each time you visit Aoibheal's Lair.

So the rules go something like this:

1) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post

2) Share 7 things about yourself

3) Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire

4) Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.

The Seven Things About Me:

1) I'm married to the most amazing man! (I'm sure everyone believes this to be true about their husband, so just go with me on this one.) I met Jimmy during a very dark and dismal time in my life, yet he took the time to look deep inside me and find the part I had hidden for so many years. We have been married for 11 years and during this time he has not only permitted but very exuberantly encouraged me to find *me* and nourish, grow and evolve into the woman I am today. Not many men would take on a ready made family of adult children with children of their own giving him ready made grandchildren. Jimmy has and cherishes each of my children and thinks of the granddaughters as his own.

2) I am an avid reader. NO REALLY! I read everything I can get my hands on and  can usually read an entire book in a day, two at the most. I love all types of books, but my favorite are Historical novels set during the time of Queen Elizabeth I or James of Scotland. I have many favorite authors and I'm on Good Reads if you'd like to check out my bookshelf and add me as friend. 

3) I'm a Social Media addict.  I had accounts on SO many different places it became too much to handle, so a few weeks ago I deleted some of them and just kept the ones I visit each day. You can find me on FacebookTwitterPagan Place, and G+.

4) I am currently enrolled at Ashford University in the Bachelor's of Science Program where I am studying Complementary and Alternate Health with a minor in Entrepreneurship. I fully believe there are health care alternatives to the traditional Western medicine we all are subject to here in the US. I'm hoping to be able to incorporate Eastern medicine thus giving an option for healthy living and health care to the standard of physicians writing multiple prescriptions and having health care costs so unattainable for the population. My ultimate goal is to have my own Wellness Center.

5) I am Pagan and more specifically a Witch. As I child and into my adult years I grew up in a Christian home, but I felt I didn't quite *fit*. I asked too many questions where the standard answer was *look in our bible, the answer is there*. This was very unsatisfying. In 2002, I embraced the part of me I've always known was there, but kept hidden because of family and friends who I knew wouldn't approve. I'm not so strict on following the Wiccan Rede and don't believe in the *popular* concept of Karma. My patroness is Persephone and I've recently begun walking more closely with Hecate and The Morrighan. It took me quite a while to overcome my fear and misconceptions about the *Dark Goddesses*. But since I have finally figured out one must accept and work with their dark side as well as their light side in order to find balance and harmony, I've become more open to the things each side has to teach me. I believe in the saying that goes something like: A witch who cannot hex is a witch who cannot heal. 

6) My newest passion is wine...drinking it, LOL! I've begun to experience different varieties and blends. For the longest time I thought I had an allergy to the sulfates found in wine. But I'm pleased to say either I was wrong or I've overcome the allergy. My favorite is from Duplin Winery one of the local NC Wineries. They have many different types and the one I'm hooked on is Black River Red. Duplin makes their wine from the Muscadine grapes grown here in NC. I really like this Winery, but plan to branch out to see what some of the other local Wineries have to offer. I've also recently discovered Chocolate Wine... it's a red wine with chocolate, yumminess! 

7) I have many *likes* including but not limited to the ocean, scrap booking, sewing, music, and dancing in the rain. I have quite the bucket list and some of the things on it include travelling to Spain, Massachusetts (Salem to be exact), Ireland and Wales, taking a cruise to the Caribbean, learning how to make soy candles, and playing the drum.

This is where I'm supposed to nominate 15 blogs and while I have more than enough to choose from, many of the people I have daily contact with  via blog land don't do the meme's. SO, I have a few but there won't be 15...sorry!

1) AmethJera at Broom With A View

2) Leeanna at Can We Have A New Witch? Ours Melted

3) Renee at Confessions of A Modern Witch

4) Bella at Tales of the Wolf Queen

5) Judas at Stirring the Cauldron With Judas

6) Brenda at The Pagan in Me

7) Melissa at Welcome to the Rose Garden

8) Joni at Tales of A Kitchen Witch

Sorry ... this is all I can give you. These are some awesome blogs and I hope you'll take time to stop by and check them out. And don't forget to go by and see Kourtney over at The Multi-Faceted Experience


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the award dear. Right now my online time is limited due to my pain. Give me a few more weeks and I will acknowledge your award to me on my blog ASAP. In the meantime I'll be coming back now and again to read more of your blog entries.

    ReplyDelete