Sunday, July 29, 2012

Culling the Blog Roll

This morning as I was reading some of the blogs I'm subscribed to or following, having my coffee and trying to wake up ...  I detected a pattern in some of the things I saw. At first I thought I was reading the same blog over and over... unfortunately I was wrong. It seems there are a LOT of people writing the same stuff. And it's not pretty...

I have over 100 blogs on my blog roll and I enjoy reading many of them on a daily basis, or at least as often as the author writes and posts. After this morning I'm going to be reducing the number of blogs I follow.

I don't mind reading about your adventures through your life. I DO mind reading about how in one paragraph you have changed things up, made improvements to everything going on in your world, and in the next line you are slamming something you just said you had changed. Or judging someone else for doing the same thing you are doing.

So beginning tomorrow, I'm going through my blog roll with a fine tooth comb and culling the list. If you survive, congratulations. If you don't, buh bye...

3 comments:

  1. Clearing negativity is a good thing! Good for you, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, that's why I love wordpress...when I'm in a hurry, I just follow my "favorites", when I have time, I just follow a couple of tags and browse through which ever ones whose previews are interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to do that once in awhile too. It's also the main reason I quit doing Pagan Blog Project. They all seemed to be about the same thing. I want my blog to stand out not be a mirror image of someone elses.

    ReplyDelete