Sunday, January 15, 2012

I've Been Tagged!!

And I didn't even know it til I tried catching up on all the posts I've missed this last week. My darling friend Shauna over at  Musings Of A Magical Mom tagged me in the post she wrote last Sunday January 8th. Boy do I feel silly, I'm a week behind. Anywho, here's how it works...

Rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you have tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people!

11 Random things about me:

1. I am a wife, mother to 3, and grandmother to 7
2. I recently returned to college to earn a Bachelors of Science Degree in Complementary and Alternate Health
3. I am a Witch, not Wiccan
4. I grew up in the desert of southern Arizona
5. I love to travel and my favorite place is San Diego
6. I want to travel to Spain, Ireland and Salem MA before I die
7. I'm a girly girl, I like having my hair and nails done, wearing makeup and high heels.
8. Pedicures are my biggest treat!
9. My hobbies include reading, scrap booking, sewing and since I spend an outrageous amount of money every month, I'll soon be adding candle making
10. I can't stand clutter...at all...in any form or room. If my *space* is cluttered, I clean before I *work*
11. My favorite colors are Black and Royal Purple...in that order, LOL!

The 11 Questions I've Been Asked to Answer:

1. What inspired you to start your blog? (copied from my Circle of Mom's 25 Mom's of Faith bio)

     I was having a very difficult time with seasonal depression while we lived in Michigan. I tried everything I   had used before but nothing worked. SO a friend suggested I write my life story down. I did this, but kept in a word doc and never published it for anyone to see. I found BlogSpot through my gmail account and began just posting some of my favorite poems and humorous stories. I'd add a personal entry here and there but didn't keep up with it on a regular basis. A couple years ago, a friend in the Pagan Book club I attended "challenged" me to write at least 500 words a day, from that challenge my Blog was born. I don't write as often as I want, but post an entry when I can get the time to sit down and put the things running around in my head into words.

2. Do you have any pets?  If yes, what are they?

     I have 2 furbabies, poodles, Chaos and Calliope. They are my sanity when things become hectic and my light when my world grows dark

3. What is your favorite sport to watch, and what is your favorite team?

     I'm not much into sports at all. I sometimes watch the football playoffs, and the Super Bowl. Occasionally I'll sit with Jimmy for a few minutes when he has a hockey game on. I don't watch hockey, I can't focus fast enough and the puck makes me crazy!

4. Who is your favorite actor/actress?

    Jennifer Tilly and Sean Connery... can we say HOTTT!!

5. What is your all-time favorite movie?


    I have too many to name just one, but I absolutely MUST watch White Christmas every year. And yes, it still makes me cry...

6. What made you choose your screen name?


     My screen name is one of the Magickal names that chose me. It's taken on a life of it's own and in some circles I'm only known as Aoibheal

7. Which culture in the world is most fascinating to you, and why?

     I'd have to say the ancient Celts. I'm drawn to all things Celtic and this is the path I began my spiritual journey on. I love the stories about the Celtic creation and the Gods and Goddesses of Celtic lore.

8. What is your favorite comfort food?

     LOL! This is a loaded question...Dark Chocolate, tea and my home made chicken pot pie...

9. What is your favorite memory with your best friend from childhood?

     My BFF from HS gave her horse peanut butter, that was the funniest thing I have ever seen!

10. If you could only watch 1 TV show, which one would it be?

      Private Practice on ABC Thursday nights

11. What is your favorite time of year and why?

      Fall, I love the crispness of the air, the colors of the falling leaves, and the general excitement of harvest time and preparation for the cold weather that's coming.

The 11 Blogger's I'm Tagging:

1. Tales of A Kitchen Witch
2. Freckles: The Happy Heathen
3. Confessions of  A Modern Witch
4. She Who Seeks
5. The Pagan in Me/Four Legged Mom
6. Adventures of a Pagan Parent
7. The Multi-Faceted Experience
8. Inspired by Life
9. Soul, Liberty, Faith
10. One Witch's Wonderland
11. Pagan Culture

And the 11 random question I would like my Tagee's to answer:

1. Who is your favorite author and why?
2. If you could meet anyone from history who would it be and why?
3. Where is your favorite place?
4. If you had to choose just one hobby, what would it be and why?
5. What is your secret addiction?
6. Do you have an herb garden? What's in it?
7. Who is your all time favorite musician/singer?
8. If you could travel anyplace in the world, where would you go and why?
9. What is your favorite scent for essential oil?
10. If you had to give up one thing you use daily, what would it be and why?
11. On the weekends, if you have time, sleeping late or afternoon naps?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Vickie! Thanks for tagging me -- I will answer your 11 questions sporadically over several posts -- I make my own rules, LOL!

    P.S. The trick to watching hockey is don't try to watch the puck -- it will make you crazy, as you say. Watch the players -- the direction they're going and where they're congregating is where the puck is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra~! Thanks for the tip on the hockey game. I'll give it a try, but I guess I'm just not a sports kinda gal. All of them mostly bore me... *sigh

      Have fun with the questions...

      Delete
  2. Curse you woman! (insert fist shaking here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too, Nicole!! Take your time...I know you have alot going on right now.

      Delete
  3. Ok, since you wanted to see my answers...
    1. Who is your favorite author and why? That's a tough one, I have several - George RR Martin, Robert Jordon, Jack London Morgan Llwelyn, Roddy Doyle, JK Rawlings and Neil Gaimen. The thing they all have in common is complex stories with compelling characters.
    2. If you could meet anyone from history who would it be and why? Boudicca - I've always been fascinated with her story.
    3. Where is your favorite place? With my boys, or on stage. The 2 places I'm happiest.
    4. If you had to choose just one hobby, what would it be and why? Theater. It feeds my soul
    5. What is your secret addiction? 500+thread count sheets - nothing feels better to sleep on!
    6. Do you have an herb garden? What's in it? I have a raised bed with herbs in it - rosemary, thyme, greek oregano and basil. I'm planning on doing another couple of herb beds this year - I'd like to have mint, tarragon, lavender, sage and lemon balm.
    7. Who is your all time favorite musician/singer? Again, I have several - Joan Osborne, Grace Potter, Freddy Mercury, Bonnie Raitt, Idina Menzel...aargh, there's too many to name!
    8. If you could travel anyplace in the world, where would you go and why? Ireland - I've always wanted to go, walk the fileds, have a pint in a pub, and see where my mothers family came from. I'd also love to go to Portugal and Holland, again, to see where my fathers family came from.
    9. What is your favorite scent for essential oil? Amber musk - it's just so warm and calming.
    10. If you had to give up one thing you use daily, what would it be and why? Wow, that's a tough one! I guess it would have to be the TV. I could live just fine without it, but Wyatt would be SO mad at me!
    11. On the weekends, if you have time, sleeping late or afternoon naps? Sleep late! I'm not a napper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had an argument with someone who can't understand your number 3. Seriously, I don't see how people can't see the difference *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes all kinds to make the world go round, LOL!!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the "Tag" doll! Oh my, you have a couple hard questions there! Woot! I'm working on my post now. Will post it on my new blog: www.justbren.com . Thank you!:)

    p.s. you stole my fav colors! LMAO

    ReplyDelete