Sunday, July 31, 2011

30 Days of Truth ~ Day 17 ~ A Book You've Read That Changed Your View On Something

ChristoPaganism by Joyce and River Higginbotham

Most of you know I am a Witch and Jimmy is a Christian. It wasn't always like this. When we first got together, I was just beginning to explore the Pagan Path after living all of my life in a Christian home/family. And Jimmy didn't claim any religion as his own after growing up catholic and leaving church as a young man.

The Wheel turns and things evolve...Jimmy finds God and I begin to worry what this is going to do to our relationship. Most people I/we talked to told us the same thing...it can't be done. A Christian and Pagan/Witch CANNOT live together. They are at cross points of the spectrum.

However, after reading this book, talking to Jimmy and really listening to his beliefs and how he feels his relationship with his God works, and then explaining my concerns to him, helped us to find the way to keep our relationship together. Both if us firmly believe in our separate spirituality and we each encourage the other to do all that is needed in order to be the best we can be in our worship.

I was raised Christian, so I can help him with scripture, recommend books and music for him, I even go to church with him. I don't feel threatened, and actually enjoy spending time with him as he worships.

He has spent some time with me in ritual before his path changed, so he is comfortable coming to my Circle, and can and does even participate occasionally. He knows I'm not "evil" as some have tried to convince him.

We are both open and communicate to each other about the things we feel in our spiritual lives and I know this is how we make our dual path work for us...

1 comment:

  1. Tolerance and respect make all things possible. Our spiritual paths are precisely that -- our own.

    ReplyDelete