Saturday, July 30, 2011

30 Days of Truth ~ Day 14 ~ A Hero That Has Let You Down

This one is tough...

My Daddy has always been my hero and no matter what I did, he was always there to give me his support. I made decisions and choices in my life I know he didn't agree with, but he never turned his back on me.

Then one day, when I had just turned 41, out of the blue, he said some things to me that hurt me more than the spankings he gave me as a child. He cut me so deep, I moved away and didn't speak to him for a little over 4 years.

That was tough, I had always been able to go to him with any problem or issue and he would listen, and help me work things out. But now all of a sudden, I was completely on my own.

Thankfully, we were able to mend our fences before I moved away from Arizona. He passed away in 2004.

I miss you Daddy...

1 comment:

  1. Sad story. Nice that you ultimately reconciled, though.

    ReplyDelete