Monday, July 25, 2011

30 Days of Truth ~ Day 11 ~ Something People Compliment You On The Most

Most people complement me on my attitude or outlook. I for the most part try to find the good in all things.

I'm an optimist, my glass is half full. And I really don't like it when others are the ones with the glass half empty, because I feel they are "jinxing" the outcome of what ever situation is at hand.

I've learned to live in the moment, yes, I still have my hopes and dreams, and I give voice to them on a regular basis. BUT, I don't run around screaming if a hope or dream doesn't manifest.

Life isn't always a bed of roses for me, I'm unemployed, again. So many of the things I wanted to do have once again been placed on the back burner. When this happens, I just change course and find the small blessings that have been placed before me.

Tonight was a perfect example. It has been so hot and humid here for the past week or so, thunderstorms all around us. We didn't get any rain or relief. Today, late afternoon, early evening I began to hear the rumble of thunder and just "knew" in my heart we would get a bit of relief. It didn't rain alot, just a few sprinkles, but the temperature did cool down more than enough to sit outside and enjoy the evening.

It's still thundering in the distance, I don't think we will get any more rain, but the few sprinkles we did get were enough to put a smile in my heart and on my face.

Optimism. Yes, I am most often complimented on my outlook...

1 comment:

  1. Being an optimist is a distinct advantage in life, it's true. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete