Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm A Horrible Patient...

To begin with I HATE being sick, in any form. Whether I'm sick with a cold, or I've got some sort of injury...reference last night's blog... I refuse to be sick and I don't like anyone waiting on me when I am.

I'm so used to doing for myself and when I *need* assistance it makes me irritable, which in turn, I tend to take it out on my care givers. Jimmy has been so good to me today, he cut up the cantaloupe and strawberries, made me breakfast and has generally been an attentive husband. The only contentious place in the day so far has been my refusal to use the crutches every time I move off the couch.

I just figure since my knee is feeling better I really don't see the need to use them to go the 10 feet or so to the bathroom. Besides, with age comes bladder control issues and when I gotta go, I REALLY gotta go. Wasting time trying to get those damn crutches to maneuver is something I can't afford to do, LOL!

Anywho, I'm sitting here on the couch, leg elevated with the heating pad for this cycle (I'm alternating 30 minutes heat and 30 minutes ice) Jimmy has gone to the store to get coffee (I'm spoiled, we only use Starbucks Verona Blend) and smokes for him. I really want him to quit smoking, but since he's taking care of me for a few days, the chances of that are pretty slim, LOL!

Back to Facebook, the TV, and the Nook. Let's see what other adventures I can get into for the remainder of the day...

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya sister I really do. I got sick with a food allergy/scombroid poisoning and with that comes bed rest. I hate it so much.

    ReplyDelete