Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cloudy & Cold Today

We got a late start to the day today, should have been awake and up long before we were. But for some reason I couldn't manage to pry myself out of bed before noon. Maybe it was because today was another cold, cloudy, rainy, drizzly day. Then there's the ritual coffee time, don't mess with me until I've had at least one cup, and better if you give me time for 2.

For some reason I just couldn't get going today. Watched a little TV while I was trying to wake up, had my fruit with yogurt and granola, and then got back in the bed and finished reading a book I down loaded to my Nook last week. Now mind you, all this time Jimmy has been trying to get me motivated, with little to no success. Finally, around 4PM, I'm a bit less lethargic and off we go to the new house. Got LOTS of work to do there so we can move in sometime in the next week or so...

Jimmy finished filling in the spaces in the wall with tape and joint compound and says the stuff he's using has a 20 minute dry time... we should be able to get the sanding finished so we can paint tomorrow... that didn't quite work out like planned. It was way too cold  and even after about an hour, there were still places that were too damp to sand. By this time it's going on 8PM and the pain in my knees is about to send me through the roof, I'm ready to go home, take a hot bath and see if I can get them to stop hurting and burning so I can get some sleep tonight. Thank Goddess for Nurontin and Vicodin...

Tomorrow promises to be another busy day. Gotta go to Home Depot to get the paint, then back to the house, finish the sanding, wipe the dust off the walls, vacuum the carpet and prep for paint. I am hoping we can get the painting done tomorrow. I want to start moving our stuff down there and I know Tanya is anxious to get into this room and start making it into a nursery for little Ravyn.

WOW! I just realized this is going to be a busy WEEK...

No comments:

Post a Comment