Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mini Meltdown

Tonight I had one...over a gallon of milk. There hasn't been any milk in the house for two nights. And when I couldn't cook dinner last night because of it, I got upset.

Tonight, I asked Jimmy & Ed to stop at the store on the way home from work and pick up some milk and coffee creamer. I'm spoiled, I only like International Delight's Amaretto creamer in my morning coffee. I will use something else if I can't get the Amaretto, but I prefer not to if at all possible. So, Jimmy in his freak out mode to get said creamer, made an honest mistake and forgot the milk, even though the milk and creamer are practically next door neighbors in the dairy aisle.

Why was it such a big deal that they forgot the milk? Because Tanya is pregnant. She doesn't like dairy, she's not lactose intolerant, she just doesn't like milk. But she has been making an effort to drink at least one glass of milk each night before she goes to bed. I think I got more upset over the casual attitude of "you can do without it one more night and we'll get some tomorrow". Which for some reason seems to be the standard attitude in this house and it makes me more than crazy!

And to be honest, I probably over reacted a bit, mmmm, maybe more than a bit. I'm guessing the lack of sleep for the past 3 nights just amplified things. I tried to keep it under control, and I should know better. Cause when I do that, things just get WAY out of hand. It happened tonight, I cried, tried to keep calm, a snippy remark was made, I let go, and then I went to the shower.

In the end...we now have milk in the house. And I'm going to bed, with sleep aids.

No comments:

Post a Comment