Thursday, April 22, 2010

Catching Up…


Things have been a bit unsettled in my world lately. I have been completely wiped out from my weekend trip to Carolina Spirit Quest. And even though I am thoroughly exhausted, I would do it all over again.


When Nancy and I arrived Friday mid afternoon, we were the only campers/participants there. Yes, some of the staff had gotten there the night before, but it was just the 2 of us, checking out the cabins and deciding which rooms we wanted. We decided to lay claim to private rooms in cabin 3 and selected a single bunk room for Nancy (she had WAY too much stuff to be able to share a room, LOL) and a double bunk room for me to share with CJ when she arrived later in the afternoon. I also chose a double bunk room across the hallway from CJ and me for Amanda and Victoria. They were going to be getting to the campground at about 4PM and by then Nancy and I had already begun our *2 hour Community Service* in the kitchen doing the prep work for Friday dinner. Hamburgers, hotdogs, potato salad, and cold slaw were on the menu, and working with John and his wife Amanda was a hoot!


With community service out of the way at 6pm, we were free to have our dinner, hear all the incoming announcements, participate in the meetings for the Ritual Design Team and then kick off the weekend at the opening Ritual at 7PM. I must say, I have been blessed by the people I met this weekend. I am so fortunate to count them among my friends and my FaceBook friends list has grown considerably, LOL! After opening ritual, which was one of the most incredible rituals I have been part of, we went back to our cabin to begin the weekend long celebration for Nancy and Sharon's Birthdays. We started out with just the 5 of us, Nancy, Amanda, CJ, Victoria and me with a bottle of Duplin Carolina Red wine. Then Sharon and Becky joined us adding beer and more wine to the mix, and then I remember Ben and Becky joining us with a bottle of pineapple mead…yummm! There must have been 25 people sitting on the floor of that hallway before the night was over. All I can say is WOW, what a great start to an PHENOMENAL weekend.


Saturday morning up for breakfast, then to my first workshop…Fun With Yeast & Honey, aka: Mead Making, LOL! After that class, I now have in my hot little hands the beginning of a gallon of mead and I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out. If it fails for some reason, I have the equipment and recipe I need to make my favorite (so far) mead…Joe's Mead. OMG! I found this mead last year at the Renaissance Faire in Wake Forest and promptly fell in love. Now, I'm looking forward to making my own batch and being able to have it on hand whenever I want. Saturday afternoon, lunch, ritual Design meeting, workshop on Tarot with Becky and I'm feeling my day is already a success…not so! I have main Ritual at 8PM and WOW, the creativity with each element contributing; now my day was complete.


By now, I am uber tired and all I want to do is shower and crawl into my bunk. Not gonna happen though, because it's party in the hallway again. LOL!!! Unfortunately or maybe fortunately depending on how you look at it, the party wasn't as well attended that night. Personally I think one of the other cabins had a party and didn't invite us, but I can't prove it. ;) And because of such, I crashed somewhere around midnight. Up by 7 on Sunday morning and last day of SQ.


Breakfast, workshop on Tarot spreads, by now my day has begun to blur from lack of sleep. But I do remember getting everything packed and in the car, having lunch, and closing ritual. After that, the ride home and the remainder of the day/evening/night on Sunday is a complete loss for me. Wait!! I do remember watching the new Clash of the Titans and I have to say about that is it SUCKED!! They managed to utterly destroy not only the original movie but the ENTIRE Myth. I am NOT happy with the way this movie was remade…


So here it is Thursday afternoon, I have made it thus far in my week. Also went to Book Club last night and enjoyed a lively discussion on The Woman with the Alabaster Jar by Margaret Starbird. Next month we are reading CristoPaganism, by Joyce and River Higgenbotham, which I have been able to get a jump start on today. It is another that promises to generate a lively discussion. I can't wait to hear from the others as to how they did or didn't like this book.

I gotta tell ya…I LOVE my life, *sigh*.

No comments:

Post a Comment