Monday, March 29, 2010

Challenge

One of my friends who is a teacher of Middle School children has signed up for the 500 words per day challenge. After following her blogs for a few days, I checked out the link she has on her page and decided that there was absolutely no way I would be able to write 500 words each day. So, luckily for me, there were a couple more options. One for 1,000 words and then the one that works for me: 250 words!

So, I will *try* to write at least 250 words each day and I'm anxious to see if I can meet this challenge. I don't consider myself a *writer*, but I have always thought it would be a good thing to put the crazy things that run around in my head down on paper. I know plenty of people who can just belly on up to the keyboard and write a *gazillion* words without giving it a minutes thought. When I grow up I wanna be like that...

So for today, here is my entry...did I make 250 words? I don't think so, but if I did happen to somehow stretch this into a viable entry, so much the better for me. LOL!

**Yes, I counted the damn words. My first entry for the challenge made it to 200 words BEFORE this edit. I figure this isn't too bad for an old lady, who has no formal training and has to search her pea brain for something other than just the simplest way to express herself. So with this edit, I have now made it to 271 words. I'm pretty proud of myself today.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! It gets easier to meet the word count as the days go by. :)

    ReplyDelete